Home DVD-Audiobahn

New DVD-Audio music releases and talk about the latest players.

i think you need to understand ...

... i *do* have a lot of experience in this, and i *do* know what i'm doing, so spare me the lecture.

the point i am trying to make is that clearly the CD layer in a DualDisc is less robust than a normal CD, based on my experience.

and you need to realise there is a difference between copy protection, and the laser being unable to focus on the disc even to determine what type of disc it is. THAT behaviour has NOTHING to do with copy protection, and indicates that there is an issue with media compatibility.

i'm hoping i will be able to extract the data eventually using EAC in secure mode, but i will refuse to buy discs with compromised reliability. even if the discs play fine at 1X speed, what guarantee does anyone have that it's not interpolating data due to error correction? how many people have a player that report C1 and C2 errors on playback? a format that increases the chance of error correction is not a good format, and one that should be avoided by anyone who cares about preserving the integrity of recordings.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Atma-Sphere Music Systems, Inc.  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

You can not post to an archived thread.