Home DVD-Audiobahn

New DVD-Audio music releases and talk about the latest players.

Correct. And if they don't work on my drives, they are useless.

I refuse to put them on my players. Even if they play, who knows how much error correction is going on.

And if they can't be read on my drives, i can't rip them to my music server, which is my preferred way of listening to CDs.

For the same reason, I refuse to buy copy protected CDs, even though I discovered my drives read them just fine when I borrowed a few from the local library.

Again, my understanding is that copy protected CDs intentionally weaken the error correction mechanism, thus making the disc more susceptible to errors from scratches.

The DVD sides are useless on 2 out of 3 discs, because they don't contain any DVD-Audio content. As Michi has pointed out, in the tests she has done, the LPCM tracks on DualDiscs are not mastered as well as the CD layer - they appear to have more compression and resampling artefacts.

The only disc that has DVD-Audio content is the Silverline disc - and their surround mixes are substandard on the other two Jane Monheit titles compared to the likes of Warner and UMG.

I haven't tried copying the disc in EAC yet - i'll try and do that tonite on the "good" drive and let you know.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Amplified Parts  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • Correct. And if they don't work on my drives, they are useless. - Christine Tham 14:03:10 08/03/05 (0)

You can not post to an archived thread.