Home DVD-Audiobahn

New DVD-Audio music releases and talk about the latest players.

After listening to hundreds of Quadraphonic Rock records , and many modern Multichannel Rock ...

discs , I think that a 4.0 mix is best .

I find that if the Multichannel lead vocal is mixed to only the Center channel , then there is too much attention brought to the Center , and the Front Left to Right separation is compromised .

I prefer the phantom Center of a 4.0 mix .

The best Multichannel Rock discs have the lead vocal placed equally in the Front Left and Right channels , with liitle or no lead vocal in the Center channel .

The Center channel for Multichannel music only exists because it is a carry over from Home Theater .

Several very well known engineers , including Alan Parsons , dislike the use of the Center channel for music . Some have said that they would prefer to put nothing in the Center . They have said that the only reason that they put a little something in the Center is because if they put nothing in the Center , they are afraid that consumers would think that there was something wrong with the discs , and that the consumers would complain about " defective " discs , or about their systems not working properly .

As well , some of these same engineers have said that they feel the same way about the Subwoofer channel , as they do about the Center channel .

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Parts Connexion  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

You can not post to an archived thread.