We are now offering switch modifications for the sMS-200ultra - this includes an Ethernet switch. For more information, and to visit the site, go to https://sotm-usa.com/collections/ultra-series-mods/products/sms-200ultra-audio-network-player-mods.
Why should you modify?
- The sMS-200ultra has the sCLK-EX clock with 4 points. The sCLK-EX can be used for all digital devices that require clock signals such as DAC, USB host card, CD player, PC main board and LAN controller.
- Two points are used by the system internally (sCLK-EX2425) and two points left free to clock other digital devices (eg Ethernet switch).
What is the modification?
- Enable one point (clock)
- Replacing regulators in the Ethernet switch
- Replacing the capacitors in the Ethernet switch
- Add SMB connection (coaxial RF connectors)
This modification works to eliminate noise coming from the Ethernet connection and improves/cleans the sound as a result. The sMS-200ultra with Ethernet switch mod is $1500 and includes shipping in the US and Australia (otw $25 flat rate international shipping).
If you have any questions, you can reach us directly at firstname.lastname@example.org. Don't forget to register your email on the site for specials and product updates.
These are available for preorder now, and we would love to get your feedback once you have a chance to listen.
This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
Topic - Your thoughts on sMS-200ultra Ethernet switch mods - cruxaudio 23:40:42 05/25/17 (0)