Home Critic's Corner

Discuss a review. Provide constructive feedback. Talk to the industry.

RE: I worked in a foreign-car garage...

Lady I worked with had a nice subaru.
And it crapped out at 60001 miles when the timing belt broke. I think it was an 'interference' design so took pistons and rods with it.
Her driving habit was to be in top gear by the end of the intersection and never went above about 2000 rpm......A real engine wrecking technique..

Wife and I had a Hyundai when they made a same-car for I think Dodge? We put 100k on it without problem and than basically gave it away. Never left us stranded, BUT it did have a steel wheel that leaked. I finally found a Hyundai dealer to look at it and they comp'd me a wheel....with a head scratch. I'm certain they though I'd 'curbed' the car and caused my own problem.

We had 2 Peugeot 504d in the family. Nice, smooth ride. Keep the oil changed and it'd go forever.
Car came with a battery out of a submarine. Same shape as a regular battery by 2x longer.....
The 504 was an acquired taste, but th 505 which came after was really nice looking.....
Too much is never enough

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  VH Audio  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • RE: I worked in a foreign-car garage... - pictureguy 23:27:44 05/23/23 (1)
    • Peugeot - DAP 17:02:12 06/02/23 (0)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.