Home Critic's Corner

Discuss a review. Provide constructive feedback. Talk to the industry.

RE: You know...

DAP, I was restoring or spiffing back up 4 low priced tables that were cheap in the day but built to last. A Technics SL-20,belt drive,no bells or whistles 99.00 new. A Technics SL-23, the same table but automatic return and start, great feature when your a little shakey. A Sansui 212 manual table,highest Japanese quality for cheap and the old AR turntable.
I started getting these little green catalogs in the mail from Mapleshade Acoustics. Pierre Spray runs this small company that does audio mods,maplewood bases and stands, and these cd's of different jazz and other nusic styles.I took a chance and bought a few cd's from that catalog where Pierre records or produces them. All work,I had the cartridges ready to go, stopped.The sound was stunning and I gave a sampler to New England Nusic where they use it for a demo.After listening to the Mapleshade stuff my vinyl obsession died. I hope only for a while though....Mark Korda

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Amplified Parts  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.