Home Critic's Corner

Discuss a review. Provide constructive feedback. Talk to the industry.

Complicated

Hi,
The first page of the latest Stereophile has a great letter by Jim Austin titled Complicated. I thought it was great. I'm almost 65 and seem to have lost my way navigating the world of the DAC.Jim Austin painted a pretty good mini tutorial on the subject without even knowing it and also the story of his son and friends and the volume control. Who hasn't that happened to with old school controls?
Because of the absence of DAC's in a lot of systems I've seen in friends rigs I would think that Stereophile would benefit both sides by printing an article on what's available and how to most benefit easily from it,(less complication). The Complete Guide to Stereo/Hifi Equipment mag. had articles like this, pre DAC era.
It might bore the real smart guy subscribers but I think over all would benefit DAC sales, of all brands.I've never seen an article like that in your mag.It may have been covered in bits and pieces in past issues but to simplify , maybe a reference article.
Just an idea.I think that was a great letter Jim wrote.I think you get to know him a little better by reading it....Mark Korda

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Signature Sound   [ Signature Sound Lounge ]

Topic - Complicated - mark.korda@myfairpoint.net 11:31:59 11/14/21 (9)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.