Home Critic's Corner

Discuss a review. Provide constructive feedback. Talk to the industry.

RE: My Response to Hansen and Atkinson's Personal Attacks

I have no idea as to the validity of the comments made by the various players in this saga, but I do note that Mr Salvatore explains that this "family member" called Ayre about a perceived problem with the Ayre C5-xe. I don't know why anyone would delegate a relative to call a manufacturer about a defect, and I would suspect that he admitted to Ayre that he was sold the component in the correspondence or phone call (or taken possession under some arrangement).

I would be surprised to learn Ayre's industry accommodation contracts are any different from the norm in the industry (and, for that matter, other industries), which typically state that you cannot re-sell the component in question for 12 months. I know this from personal experience where my career includes stints in two distinct fields and in which both had the same limitation on discounted gear offered to professional associates in the industry.

This would tend to support Charlie Hanson's account of the transaction, although it does not support any claim of a special relationship with Mr Salvatore and Mr Blume, it has to be noted that Mr Salvatore himself does acknowledge an association with the "family member" in question.

Edits: 02/21/18

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Schiit Audio  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • RE: My Response to Hansen and Atkinson's Personal Attacks - gordguide 11:16:08 02/21/18 (0)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.