Home Critic's Corner

Discuss a review. Provide constructive feedback. Talk to the industry.

Ummm.

Unless I am missing something, Charles Hansen did not pen the prose provided in the link. When Ms. Hansen was, after many years of complimenting and/or defending Stereophile, unloading criticism directed towards Stereophile at the end of 2017, I pondered the reason why the Kraken was suddenly released - for someone as outspoken as Charles Hansen, it did not make any sense to me.

Unfortunately, the reason was shortly forthcoming - he was dying, a sad fact he undoubtedly knew, and, I suspect, provided an opportunity to get a lot of stuff off his chest.

I mention this only because the author of the article writes that Wes Phillips (another who departed this mortal coil too early) found failing with the Wilson WP5 sometime after publishing his gushing review, but neglected to mention the later discovered shortcomings in print until writing his review of the WP8. A fair point, I feel.

On the other hand, the author uses Charles Hansen's comments regarding Charles Hansen's recent comments regarding Stereophile to support his argument, yet fails to mention that Charles Hansen spent years defending and complimenting Stereophile, and then opened up regarding Stereophile's failings years in the making. Hansen never mentioned them at the time.

Pot, meet Kettle.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Crux Audio  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.