Home Critic's Corner

Discuss a review. Provide constructive feedback. Talk to the industry.

RE: And I think you are off base (and perhaps uninformed)

"Both would have had very valid reasons to keep a critical amount of critical distance in their relationship."

Mr. Marks, I realize that this is an internet site in which many write with terrible sentence structure and no one thinks twice, but given your background as a former Stereophile contributor, this sentence makes me cringe. "... a critical amount of critical distance"? Really? Then again, your writing was always, uh, mediocre at best.
Now on to the point-a wise person once noted that funerals are for the living, not for the dead. What has been said since Charles' death has been for our own sake and not for Charley. It is a common emotion amongst us to regret things that were said when someone was alive and to wish that there had been an opportunity to make things "right" before that person passed. Go to the main thread on Charley's passing and read what Alan Hendler said. Here, I will make it easier for you:
"I think of the recent arguments I had with him and I now regret them. I will miss him. Maybe I will try to be a nicer person
Alan"
That, sir, was a classy post. You don't need to defend JA btw. No one has singled him out and in fact, in that same thread, I mentioned that despite their disagreements, JA was at all times a "consummate gentleman" with Charley.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Sonic Craft  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.