Critic's Corner

RE: Funny I think I see just the opposite of you....

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] Thread: [ Display  All  Email ] [ Critic's Corner ]

This Post Has Been Edited by the Author

>> If he wanted to attack him like he did, Mr Hanson should have done it privately, not here. <<

For nearly 2 full years I have been warning JA that MQA was a technical fraud - with zero effect. He would no substantive reply to any of my multiple critiques. I've begged him to speak with any of a half-dozen of the top digital designer and not promote this hoax, with no avail.

Then the more I studied it and the more I found out about it, the more blatant technical lies I found. Finally Linn and others wrote pieces about the negative political aspects of MQA. I began to find out more of the history of Meridian and Bob Stuart - and it is not pretty.

I made contacts in the record and streaming industries to find out the implications and ramifications of MQA and was extremely disturbed by the DRM and the potential for grievous misuse.

I contacted mastering engineers and recording studios and found near-unanimous resistance and outright hostility of MQA. No matter how much of this information I passed on the JA, Stereophile continued to act as if MQA was the greatest invention since the vacuum tube, with constant reporting and implications that it was "THE FUTURE" of audio and products that didn't offer it should be avoided.

Since I have brought this public, they have finally backed off. Look at their coverage of the RMAF. An internet search shows it mention 3 times. It appears that (much as I wish it didn't) a public exposé was required to grab JA's attention.

Sorry to "drag you into it". If you don't want to read about it, I would advise you to simply skip this forum or at least any of the threads I start.

Follow Ups: