Critic's Corner

RE: Same bogus test assumption:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] Thread: [ Display  All  Email ] [ Critic's Corner ]

This Post Has Been Edited by the Author

They do see the same signal? Are you sure about that?? :)

Yet another person who doesn't understand the concept. My goodness.

I suggest to read up on voltage sources.
Also read up on the specific requirements for this test called out by the engineers who have advocated it. You do need to satisfy some requirements for it to be valid.

The primary requirement is: for this "separation" of networks to occur and a valid A/B comparison to result, you do need to have a real-world source that is pretty close to a theoretical voltage source. For interconnect testing something like a zero ohm headphone amplifier would work well. For power amplifier testing, a solid-state amp with very low output impedance. If you satisfy that requirement in the conventional two-way speaker system example I mentioned, you'll find that disconnecting either the woofer/network or the tweeter/network individually will not alter the operation of the other in a significant way. When both are connected, the two legs will have minimal/no interaction with each other.

In either case, the characteristics will lump.....but only as seen by the source....which should be a voltage source. In that case, regards the loads, the networks will operate as if the other were not connected.

This is basic stuff fellas.

Dave.

Edits: 07/06/17   07/06/17   07/06/17   07/06/17

Follow Ups: