Critic's Corner

RE: Future-proof = bullshit

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] Thread: [ Display  All  Email ] [ Critic's Corner ]

This Post Has Been Edited by the Author

Hi John,

With all due respect -- give me a break. This is a public forum and I'm a registered user. Besides, I don't see you haven't trouble posting wherever you like. Technically, I'm not the editor, Jeff Fritz is, but I don't see what that matters. This is a forum, not on your publication's board, for example.

On this topic, I clearly pointed out that I didn't feel the need to add anything, but on this topic, I did, because I feel using the term is wrong.

I did do a Google search on our own sites and, indeed, I have found instances where some of our writers have used the word "future proof" with regards to digital products. However, I never found an instance where I did because, as I said, I know it's not right to state something is. If one of our writers wishes to think something's future-proof, well, he can say that even though I feel it's wrong. I might point out my thought to someone, but I'm not going to change his words.

As for you disagreeing with me on this -- well, sorry to tell you, nothing computer-based should be called future-proof ... because nothing is.

Doug Schneider
SoundStage!

Edits: 03/20/17

Follow Ups: