Home Critic's Corner

Discuss a review. Provide constructive feedback. Talk to the industry.

So this is Stereophile's idea of helping others develop listening skills? WOW!!!!

All listening takes place in our heads along with that silly article in the link you posted to show how the mind can be decieved by its senses? Is this some kind of joke?

Where's your chapters on timbre, micro- and macro-dynamics, smearing, breakup, soundstage depth, width, and height, bass definition, sibliance, negative sibilance, harmonics, tonality, warmth, imaging, ambient info, spatiality, and a small host of other characteristics?

The problem is obviously far worse than I even thought. Is it any wonder high-end audio has been dying a slow death for over 20 years?

Yet, I'm not surprised. That is to say, not surprised by my findings but rather surprised by your apparent lack of defense and lack of listening as a priority.

p.s.
I'm gonna let you in on a little secret. All 5 of our senses (sight, hearing, touch, smell, and taste) take place in our heads.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Atma-Sphere Music Systems, Inc.  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • So this is Stereophile's idea of helping others develop listening skills? WOW!!!! - stehno 12:50:27 11/04/17 (0)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.