Home Critic's Corner

Discuss a review. Provide constructive feedback. Talk to the industry.

Perhaps I wasn't clear but...

The two scenarios I referenced were completely different. I fully expect power cords to make an audible difference with switchers since they are powerful radiators of RFI and happily spew their detritus back into the AC.

During the amplifier comparison with a new Ncore amp, I used the same power cord with both contestants - which happened to cost more than that amp! The nature of the primary difference I heard was something odd that I've never experienced before.

The DC cord comparison was with using the Uptone LPS-1 power supply for a microRendu streamer. In this case, it is powered by charged ultra capacitors and galvanically isolated from the AC. The nature of the audible difference was not something I would normally associate with power cords - improved rendition of micro dynamic changes akin to what I've heard between passive preamps and quality actives. Which is something I didn't get until a couple of years ago despite Charlie having made that claim years ago. :)

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Kimber Kable  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.