Home Critic's Corner

Discuss a review. Provide constructive feedback. Talk to the industry.

RE: Thanks for the correction

Thank you for the kind words but I am master at nothing! Yes I have messed with a lot of stats and seem to be somewhat proficient with the things but it seems the longer I mess with them the less I know. Damn frustrating at times but so it goes.

The first stat I heard was the original Quad and was instantly smitten. Then a stacked pair of Dayton-Wright XG-10. What did I do? Went out and bought a pair of Acoustats. Fell out of love pretty quickly. Back to the Quad. But I did take the Acoustat apart, stacked the panels one on top of the other, just two panels, and strung a bunch of RTR tweeters on the side for the HF. Ran the RTR down to about 1kHz, tri-amped the whole mess using Magnepan Tympani bass panels for the bottom.

It has been a down hill slide ever since.

If you had the Stax ear speakers you have a good idea what their loudspeakers sound like. Sweet, sweet, sweet! In some ways the most engaging speaker I have ever heard. But alas they are far form perfect.

Edits: 10/31/17

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Kimber Kable  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • RE: Thanks for the correction - kentaja 11:17:50 10/31/17 (0)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.