Home Critic's Corner

Discuss a review. Provide constructive feedback. Talk to the industry.

RE: Perhaps right, definitely partially wrong.

A few questions.

1. Do audio equipment reviewers get their hearing checked on a regular basis? I know some mastering engineers do. For obvious reasons, Pete Townshend would not be a good audio reviewer.

2. MQA seems too complicated. "You need this to unfold that, but you only have a partial unfold if you use this". Regular hi- rez I can plug, basically, any old and new dac and be up and running. Am I the only one who thinks MQA is way too complicated for what it needs to do?

3. Have any mastering/ recording engineers ever gone on record with any MQA thoughts or comments ( I know they make thier living remastering back catalogs as well as current)

4. Has there been a professional reviewer knock MQA?

5. In my opinion, a great recording will do the most wonders on ANY audio system. A great recording will still sound good even as an mp3 file. Why isn't their more focus in audio magazines on general recording quality? Im referring more to rock and pop here. So much is now being produced using virtual instruments, digital effects and non professional recording spaces that much product sounds lifeless and flat. Plus, the brickwall compression is alive and well.

6. When and why did equalizers become an audiophile "no no"? Back in the day, eq's were a plenty in high end systems

Edits: 10/31/17 10/31/17

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Signature Sound   [ Signature Sound Lounge ]

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.