Home Critic's Corner

Discuss a review. Provide constructive feedback. Talk to the industry.

Sorry, but what you said about Jim writing positively about MQA is just not possible...

... because in the MQA thread below Jim told me himself that he has a PhD in Physics and is reading all the material he can get his hands on and he still doesn't understand MQA and therefore has not come to any conclusions about MQA performance.

In other words, Jim must read to determine whether or not MQA provides any performance potentials in this audio-only high-end industry where a given playback system's level of musicality aka performance is supposed to mean everything.

I gave up trying to understand his reading instead of listening part, but I am still struggling to get a grasp on the benefits of his possessing a PhD in physics part.

To be fair, Juanita called me an idiot in that same post because I've never listened to a single MQA-formatted recording, yet 2 years ago I tried warning others in this forum and in other forums that MQA was a hoax. Moreover, to achieve the performance levels they were claiming for MQA, they were barking up the wrong technology tree. But Juanita didn't bother to ask me how I knew the MQA claims were outlandish and absurd and impossible. Maybe he just thinks I'm psychic.

BTW, I'm not psychic but I suspect Juanita is little more than a mug-whomp. That's where somebody intentionally plants their mug on one side of the fence and their whomp on the other side.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Crux Audio  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • Sorry, but what you said about Jim writing positively about MQA is just not possible... - stehno 17:51:52 10/30/17 (0)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.