Home Critic's Corner

Discuss a review. Provide constructive feedback. Talk to the industry.

If only we could follow the money...

Good post, Charles, as this has been my suspicion for the past 2 to 3 years when I tried to warn others in this and other forums back then.

For the record, I've never once listened to an MQA-formatted recording, nor do I have to. For I already knew in order to achieve the performance levels Stuart, Harley, Atkinson, et al were claiming about MQA, they were already barking up the wrong technology tree.

That being a fact, that left only ill-intent or fraudulent intent as potential reasons for MQA's existence.

Moreover, it was a dead giveaway with Stuart tried to portray MQA as being all things to all music lovers and the popular high-end paper rags backing him up all along the way with their over-the-top hyperbolic (think outrageously unbelieveable) endorsements.

Bearing mind that MQA in and of itself is not a fraud as it's just another format potentially inferior to other competing formats. Rather, the fraud lies with Meridian, Stuart, Harley, Atkinson, and numerous other professionals on both the playback and professional sides and their fraululent attempts to convince the masses that MQA's introduction was first and foremost about performance.

At the very least, it would seem MQA recordings and equipment should be boycotted as should The Absolute Sound, Stereophile, and any other entity that participated in this fraud.

To some, they've all been a laughing stock for a number of years now and maybe the numbers will grow enough to put them out of business and under a bridge where they've always belonged. As they've just about everything they could to destroy this tiny cottage industry for their own personal gain.

It's just a shame we can't audit the primary participants (sellouts) of this fraud.

Edits: 10/30/17

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Schiit Audio  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.