Home Critic's Corner

Discuss a review. Provide constructive feedback. Talk to the industry.

RE: Enjoyed the video profile of Art Dudley

Sometimes I think Art protests too much.

In one part he was talking about how he doesn't like the idea of a dedicated listening room and he has one only because it's necessary for the job, and he doesn't want to put up any room treatments or use cable risers, uses old cables, and doesn't really believe in optimizing or tweaking, to the point where he won't put in a lot of time trying to get a piece of review equipment to perform at its best. Seemed like he was trying to present himself as being too cool for all this audiophile stuff.

So I thought it was funny when he included a whole segment dedicated to how he optimized his tonearm geometry, and shows off his $4500 Audiodesksysteme Gläss record cleaner talking about the previously unheard details it revealed. Proving that he does have some audiophile OCD tendencies just like the rest of us.

I was also amused by his choice of furniture. Not so much the settee he uses as a listening chair but the desk and chair he uses for writing. That doesn't look the least bit ergonomic.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Signature Sound   [ Signature Sound Lounge ]

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.