In Reply to: If that's the case.... posted by Ivan303 on March 12, 2017 at 15:52:58:
That's why I like the dealers I go to - they knew this decades ago and set-up the rooms properly. You want to listen to different speakers - they take the ones in the room out and bring in the next pair. Not flip a selector switch. But let's be practical here - people have home theater and in theory the front left and right speakers (and or the sub) will get the center channel and rear speakers vibrating.
And indeed, with most speakers rather poorly pair matched - the left speaker could make the right speaker vibrate out of step as well.
Walking into most showrooms or audio shows the first thing you do is stand against a wall and clap your hands - if you hear ANY kind of an echo - the room sucks. (Clap Echo test). No echo and the room is probably decent enough without an immediate need for room treatments (perhaps none).
This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
Topic - Absolute Sound/ Bonsai - email@example.com 15:26:58 03/11/17 (20)
- RE: Absolute Sound/ Bonsai - BubbaMike 00:16:09 03/12/17 (18)
- RE: Absolute Sound/ Bonsai - John Atkinson 10:16:09 03/12/17 (16)
- Interesting-Every Stereo Store I've ever been to has LOTS of speakers in Demo Room. - oldmkvi 09:31:20 03/13/17 (4)
- Really? - Dave_K 06:22:53 03/15/17 (1)
- RE: Really? - firstname.lastname@example.org 12:34:43 03/15/17 (0)
- "OK, now let's short out the terminals on the Wilson WAMMs and the Focal Grande Utopia EMs... - Ivan303 17:53:50 03/13/17 (1)
- Could be done with a logic breadboard.. - 3+4=5 06:31:34 03/14/17 (0)
- I don't get it. - Rick W 17:24:55 03/12/17 (4)
- RE: I don't get it. - tomservo 08:31:02 03/13/17 (2)
- "....measurable but usually small...." Yeah, as I said, I'd bet its insignificant. - Rick W 10:30:59 03/13/17 (1)
- RE: "....measurable but usually small...." Yeah, as I said, I'd bet its insignificant. - tomservo 05:21:42 03/17/17 (0)
- RE: I don't get it. - John Atkinson 08:02:35 03/13/17 (0)
- If that's the case.... - Ivan303 15:52:58 03/12/17 (5)
- Have to agree. LOL nt - 3+4=5 09:40:26 03/12/17 (0)
- Link? Not a subscriber...(nt) - mkuller 16:52:21 03/11/17 (0)
- RE: If that's the case.... - RGA 23:25:58 03/15/17 (0)