Home Critic's Corner

Discuss a review. Provide constructive feedback. Talk to the industry.

RE: "It was painfully overloaded by the piano."

>> Nice snarky remark. >>

> That is your terminology, not mine.>

Has nothing to do with the terminology.

>> Is that "less realistic" sound IYO?>>

>If a recording... >

Who said anything about a recording? I asked you a very simple question. Let's see if you can answer the question I actually asked. So I will restate it as simply as I possibly can. Should be really easy to understand.

> Scott, by now we all get your preference. Repeating the concept of your ideal is really unnecessary.>

Clearly you don't get it. Now let's see if you can answer the questions. We are comparing the sound quality of a live piano that is overloading a room to that of a top flight concert grand piano, just tweeked by an expert technition, played by a world class pianist in a world class concert hall and heard from an excellent seat in that hall.
1. Are these "live experiences" equal in sound quality? Are they just as good as each other?
2. Is either one more or less *realistic sounding* than the other?

When you can honestly answer those questions then you might be alble rightfully claim to understand my concept of ideal sound and how it relates to audio. Until then I remain skeptical that you really do understand any of this. Of course you may be obfusecating on purpose. I don't know. But IMO it's one or the other.

Really simple questions for anyone with meaningful experience with live acoustic sound. Good luck.

Edits: 12/01/16

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Sonic Craft  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

You can not post to an archived thread.