Home Critic's Corner

Discuss a review. Provide constructive feedback. Talk to the industry.

RE: "The live experience" There is no such thing

"The live experience" There is no such thing"
I have followed all your posts on this thread and I really don't understand what you are talking about
I play classical guitar. When I sit down and play a piece and listen to what I am playing, that is "The Live Experience". If not what would you call it? If I record that performance and listen to it on my stereo that is a reproduction of a live experience. Yes if you sit in different positions in a concert hall things will sound different but they are all "Live Experiences". Yes I agree about the whole quest for accuracy in reproduce music is simply nonsense. I was a recording engineer for 25 years and reproducing exactly a live event was never once on my mind. As soon as i chose my colored microphones that goal was no longer possible and yes all microphones have there ownn unique colorations. My goal in listening to reproduced music is to make an emotional connection to the music and my system does that for me.
Alan

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Signature Sound   [ Signature Sound Lounge ]

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.