Home Critic's Corner

Discuss a review. Provide constructive feedback. Talk to the industry.

MIcallef slam of Ortofon Quintet Bronze

In his review of the MMF 7.3 which got the recent cover shot, Ken Micallef slams the inexpensive Ortolon 2M Bronze cartridge that came on it and then for reasons only he can know, likened it to the Ortofon Quintet Bronze he had reviewed for Positive Feedback as a cartridge that provided "small and recessed images with individual instruments clustered together and of almost tiny stature" with "tonal and spatial problems that prevented a true appraisal of the accompanying turntable". Then, if one goes and takes a look at the very same review of the Quintet Bronze he needlessly dragged through the mud, one finds that he made no such observations of the Quintet Bronze. Not anything remotely similar. If I were Ortofon or an Ortofon distributor, I would be livid. What gives Mr. Micallef? I am not an Ortofon guy, I use Benz and Soundsmith. But I tend to agree with the Scotch loving Roy Hall, I don't enjoy your writing.

Edits: 08/21/16

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  VH Audio  

Topic - MIcallef slam of Ortofon Quintet Bronze - FSonicSmith 16:31:03 08/21/16 (13)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.