Home Critic's Corner

Discuss a review. Provide constructive feedback. Talk to the industry.

RE: Follow the money?

Yes, it is true that brick and mortar stores are disappearing, but, that is the case with all forms of retailing, particularly the big department stores are in trouble, but, I don't see an uptick in naked people running around. People are buying stuff more stuff on line. Also, while interest in audio has declined in the US and Europe (change in interest, lower real wages for the middle class), there has been a lot of growth in Asia. A lot of the very high end manufacturers sell much more in Asia than they do in the west.

I agree that even if there is a decline of interest here, there will always be people seeking out better sound and so high end audio will never die out completely. To me, the more distressing current trend is the public actually favoring the sound of modern recordings--highly compressed, tizzy and processed. It isn't just the case that recording companies are cramming crap down the public's throat, the public actually likes this kind of sound.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Herbie's Audio Lab  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • RE: Follow the money? - Larry I 04:48:16 07/05/16 (1)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.