Home Critic's Corner

Discuss a review. Provide constructive feedback. Talk to the industry.

RE: Mercman's Playback Designs review

The reason I refrained from replying to Isaak is his combative style. It is clear to me he gets something out of bullying people around. (He has been warned about this by the mod.) However, I am happy to respond to you providing we can be respectful toward one another..

On your point of contacting Steve privately: as I said in my post, he doesn't accept unsolicited mail on AA. The alternative would be to go to A'Stream and email there. As I said, I don't like A'Stream org as it appears to me to be more interested in "clicks" rather than substance or quality. I agree this is my subjective opinion but that's how I feel and I do have reasons - some of which I mentioned. Another factor was that I also wanted to send a message to Michael L. and the whole A'Stream crew whoever they might be; anyway I chose what I thought was the best route. As for blowing my own horn that appears to me to be your subjective opinion of which you're entitled. I'll leave the subject of my stomach, humility and medication aside if you don't mind.. as for my post having some merit, thanks.

On another matter if I may.. Why has it become acceptable on AA to be rude to people who have other opinions? I mean there is a difference between being a "critic" or "reviewer" and being a "thug". Why the speculation about another's psychological state because they are not convinced by your point of view or they refuse to parley with you? I can readily accept that my point of view can be dismissed without feeling the need to take a personal swing at someone.. What do you think?

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Analog Engineering Associates  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.