Home Critic's Corner

Discuss a review. Provide constructive feedback. Talk to the industry.

RE: How soon we forget...

Steve-O I believe the folks that "pissed-off" ---{your words, not mine, as I would have said extremely disappointed, not pissed off}--- the reviewers at Pearson & Co. were the engineers at ARC that designed, what turned out to be a poor attempt at a developing a line of solid state stuff such as: SP4/A, D100A-Z, etc. In the end it was the fault of these folks at ARC who designed a line of audio gear that was weak sonically in comparison to both ARC's tube offerings and to the comparable solid state offerings by other manufacturers at that time! I actually remember reading those reviews. IMHO I personally don't believe anyone at TAS was out to "get" ARC the company or anyone in ARC as you're stating you believe was the reasoning behind the poor review that ARC received. Instead I believe TAS simply honestly reported the findings of their reviews and let the financial cards fall where they may...

I'm listening to: Make Someone Happy by Sophie Milman

Thetubeguy1954 (Tom)

Central Florida Audio Society -- SETriodes Group -- Space Coast Audio Society
Full-range/Wide-range Drivers --- Front & Back-Loaded Horns --- High Sensitivity Speakers

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Sonic Craft  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • RE: How soon we forget... - thetubeguy1954 21:17:22 06/05/16 (0)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.