Home Critic's Corner

Discuss a review. Provide constructive feedback. Talk to the industry.

Just to whine more, What about the fact xxx only gets to review stuff OFFERED, This also is a bias..

SO your place/magazine/ site only does reviews of stuff offered freely, but only if the company happens to have a guy who can offer it to the other guy in certain situations?.
NEVER of stuff not offered for review.
Now this is a totally biased system. One where in the past a single company had a dozen of it's products reviewed... It actually was a joke that yet again another one of "that' companies gizmos got a review. True that is in the past, and I hope it never happens again.
Naturally this a product of SCHMOOZING.

Not buying, or tit for tat. but just plain old fashioned schmoozing. See the distributor at a show, have a conversation, offer a product, accepted. Schmoozing at it most mundane. And what about products from companies where you just despise the guy? I bet none...

Is this any better than actually money under the table? or buy an ad so I will review your product?

IMO no.
A neutral system would be reviewing products a lot of audiophiles were interested in, and not just ones the manufacturer wants to get press on.

For example, the famous case of no Magnepan review. Due to favors for the manufacturer, who 'does not want measurements'.

Now I know the way it is done is the way it is. I just want to write that the current way it IS done, is also a problem, and not a pretty one.

So the way it seems to work is the manufacturer has to 'run into' this guy, so they can get around to talking about loaning a product for a review. Is that any more 'legit' than other means of making a reviewer and a product bump int each other?

Note I am not condemning the practice. Just writing that it is just as biased, and fraught with problems. Different problems, but real issues.

Edits: 05/23/16

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Schiit Audio  

Topic - Just to whine more, What about the fact xxx only gets to review stuff OFFERED, This also is a bias.. - Smelly_Socks 21:39:28 05/23/16 (28)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.