Home Critic's Corner

Discuss a review. Provide constructive feedback. Talk to the industry.

RE: pic of inside of 618 cab

I tried all of the related WE and Altec PM speakers, except the 10 inch WE or Altec 756...a gap I am about to fill soon, hopefully. Both the WE and Altec 10 inchers are hard to find. the Altec 756B was only in one bookshelf system and I don't think it was sold separately.

Well, OK, I never tried out the 755B woofer from the Altec Lido, but there is a pair of Lidos in the Silbatone collection that I might listen to before I die. The B has an alnico magnet, 8 ohm vc, and doped cloth surround and looks to be optimized for LF. Interesting!

In my experience, the 755A flatly smokes the other 755s for full range, especially a really good cabinet, which the stock 618 cab isn't. It is not even sealed. There is a small handlle hole on the back--too small to be a port. Don't know why they did that. WTF?

My Korean bud from Silbatone built a 755A back horn that delivers loud room filling bass. Amazing. I'll try to get a pic of it.

But this thread isn't about me, it's about what to send The Art-Man. He deserves the best...the 755A!... but he's not getting mine ;op

------------------------------

Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one must remain silent -- Wittgenstein

Free your mind and your ass will follow -- Parliament/Funkadelic

Edits: 07/21/12 07/21/12

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Schiit Audio  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.