Home Critic's Corner

Discuss a review. Provide constructive feedback. Talk to the industry.

RE: Faith has much to do with it...

All of this is an attempt to justify a God and to discredit science. It's garbage wrapped up in a nice mental exercise only if one makes a concession to "Again, Hume's answer was that no finite number of observations, no matter how large, can be used to derive an unrestricted general conclusion that is logically defensible."

It is not logically indefensible. You can't say that I reject the above and that means God is real.

You still can't prove that there is a God - or that "miracles" are in fact miracles or aren't flukes or can't be explained in other ways.

I am not up on philosophy having only taken 3 courses in it - but I was dating my philosophy professor who is also published. None of them believe in God (at least not the bible Gods) - the notion is laughable.

Your example of the dead returning to life - that has happened numerous times where someone has been deemed "dead" by medical doctors and then got up. It's no miracle - it's misdiagnosis - and or in some cases the person was very cold and and they could not read a pulse.

You can't argue the idiotic notion that because the Bible says God can create miracles - if I see a miracle - then God exists. No! Miracles could happen with no God. And since EVERY religion has a God that creates miracles how do you KNOW it's YOUR God that created the miracle and not the other guy's God.

First - The entire logic of the Christian or Muslim God being perfect and in total control of everything is an entirely separate issue to whatever perceptual or real holes science has.

God is perfect. Therefore everything a perfect entity creates must also be perfect. God must therefore create himself. Man is God, a Cat is God, a stone is God, the Devil is God, Windows operating systems is God - all must be perfect. Fail.

God is there - he operates outside of all scientific laws - fine - prove it.

Throwing up a bunch of Hume and D'souza isn't evidence.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  VH Audio  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.