Home Critic's Corner

Discuss a review. Provide constructive feedback. Talk to the industry.

RE: That's ridiculous!

I'm not against science, I am into being consistent.

I left blind tests behind because I couldn't routinely agree or disagree with the results those blind test panels came up with. By supporting blind tests, but choosing products that routinely fare poorly in blind tests, you are doing the same. The difference is I don't have the cognitive dissonance.

I went down the whole blind test route, and I went too far. I went hydrogenaudio far. It's the logical conclusion of supporting blind listening tests, because they give inconsistent results.

It's also why the UK audio scene is such a wasteland now. The UK equivalent of this forum spends a great deal of time informing people all amplifiers sound the same, and it's currently in vogue amount audiophiles to out-penny-pinch one another because the sound of a £20 DVD player is all you need. The forums which do this came out of Hi-Fi Choice having its own forum and abandoning it.

Vinyl? Just buy a laptop. It's all you need. Hi-res? Who needs it? Buy a squeezebox if you like wasting your money of frivolous high-end toys. SET amps? They are just distortion.

That's what you are promoting. You are just too busy peering up your own fundament to notice.

Edits: 07/04/12

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Michael Percy Audio  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.