Home Critic's Corner

Discuss a review. Provide constructive feedback. Talk to the industry.

RE: "Digital did to music what Photoshop did to photography." Is this woman single, Sam?nt

I just started building a TT and phono after not having one for 7 years. I am wondering if I shouldn't of bothered now. I have to say I am looking forward to my vintage flamenco records and clavichord records and gospel records. I don't know if that sort of quality can be downloaded. Maybe but considering it will cost me maybe $500 for a tt set up. probably a old td125 top bolted to a plinth I have left over with a small Chinese dc motor running a belt around the rim with a grado or dl102 on a grace oil damped tone arm I got for 70$ or maybe I might extend an old sme 3009 with a wood 12 inch arm tube I have laying around. Then head out to the op shops to find more 2$ records. Maybe vinyl still has a place for budget audio. What sort of PC or CD playback can I get for $500?

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Parts Connexion  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • RE: "Digital did to music what Photoshop did to photography." Is this woman single, Sam?nt - TubeBuilder 19:03:08 05/06/12 (0)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.