Home Critic's Corner

Discuss a review. Provide constructive feedback. Talk to the industry.

RE: Well done

On the subject of tide pools, I was under the (perhaps mistaken) impression that tide pools (or at least those formed in high tide zones) were subject to strong currents. Indeed, that they were (daily) made and unmade by same. Consider the following quote from the selfsame Wikipedia article that The Tuna took the photo from: "The high tide zone is flooded during each high tide. Organisms must survive wave action, currents, and exposure to the sun. This zone is inhabited by sea anemones, seastars, chitons, crabs, green algae, and mussels. Marine algae provide shelter for nudibranchs and hermit crabs. The same waves and currents that make the life in the high tide zone so difficult bring food to filter feeders and other intertidal animals."

As for the size of the Hungarian zither. No, it is not large like a piano or double bass (nor did I claim it is). Above is a pic of same, taken from the back cover of the very album I was referring to. No, not the size of a piano, but not a violin, a piccolo, a mandolin, a harmonica, or a tuning fork either.

I guess I should also point out that the phrase "like the powerful currents in a tide pool" is NOT a metaphor, which is what that great literary critic Charlie Hansen accused me of "breaking" (whatever that means). It is a simile. What was it that some slavish fan of his said? "Falsus in unum [sic], falsus in omnibus." How 'bout getting YOUR facts right first, Charlie?

Well done, indeed.

Edits: 04/26/12 04/26/12 04/26/12 04/26/12 04/26/12 04/26/12 04/26/12 04/26/12

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Schiit Audio  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.