Home Critic's Corner

Discuss a review. Provide constructive feedback. Talk to the industry.

RE: Rich, you're missing the point

Funny but you'd think supposedly good speakers could play the biggest selling albums on the market somewhat in the realm of competence and be able to get people dancing to it - whether it's deemed real music or not.

It's not about loud that E-STAT is on about it - it is having the ability to generate a visceral sense of body - whether 75 db or 105db. The MMG doesn't do it. Add subwoofers is an admission that in order to get good sound you need umm a DYNAMIC driver in order to do it!

I'm not going to get into who said what about what speakers. I don't have much interest in this. I put more stick into the dealer who sells the brand and listens to the line everyday with a variety of gear in a variety of rooms than individuals such as John Valin.

Better recording of music that those speakers do a bad job of.

Incidentally you misquoted me on Soundlab - they sounded bad under show conditions - incidentally the guy running the room who works for Soundlabs said the same thing!

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Atma-Sphere Music Systems, Inc.  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.