Home Critic's Corner

Discuss a review. Provide constructive feedback. Talk to the industry.

RE: S'phile Recommended Components & Audio Research

Mr. Atkinson: Thank you for your reply, I certainly appreciate hearing from the one individual who really knows the answer! And I will of course eagerly await the review of the Ref 150, even though I won't be able to afford one regardless of the review.

But, possibly an unanswerable question: when you say ARC is "cautious about being reviewed in Stereophile" is it possible to elaborate at all (I realize you were choosing your words carefully)? Or possibly a more general understanding of how manufacturers "permit themselves" to be reviewed? I understand the Magnepan issue, for example. But while other posters have mentioned that "of course not everything can be reviewed, etc.," ARC is one of the oldest, most highly regarded of the audio equipment manufacturers, and their equipment is the choice of many other well-regarded manufacturers for voicing and/or demonstrating their products (IIRC both Vandersteen and Wilson, for example show a preference for ARC equipment in those roles), so the difference in coverage between Stereophile and TAS, for example, is particularly noticeable.
- Pete

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Schiit Audio  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • RE: S'phile Recommended Components & Audio Research - palewin 10:57:34 03/16/12 (0)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.