Home Critic's Corner

Discuss a review. Provide constructive feedback. Talk to the industry.

RE: How are the products to be reviewed selected?

I actually made the point that I am tired of readingthe mainstream stuff - the likes of B&W/Bryston. This is pretty much sold in every major city in North America. If you live in the sticks fine but if you are anywhere near an L.A. Seattle, NY, Boston you will be able to hear these in multiple locations.

If you live in the middle of nowhere and you're going to buy unheard - you may as well buy a kit.

Granted I am not American but my localish shop on Vancouver Island (Soundhounds in Victoria) carries:

B&W (Entry all the way to the 800D)
Sonus Faber (entry line on up)
Audio Note (all the models from AX One to $30k AN Es)
Paradigm
Quad
Magnepan (full line)
Dynaudio (lower to mid line)
Meridian speakers (and systems)
Reference 3a
Harbeth full line
Cerwin Vega - the CLS 215 (maybe the others don't know).

Not to mention the odd lines they bring in from time to time to see how they fair - some stay some get shooed out the door.

It's sad that such shops are disappearing. Still people should not be buying on the backs of reviews. I would hope they would be used for adding something to the auditioning list they may not have known about.

Edits: 02/15/12

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  K&K Audio / Lundahl Transformers   [ K&K Audio / Lundahl Transformers Forum ]

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • RE: How are the products to be reviewed selected? - RGA 22:06:42 02/15/12 (0)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.