Home Critic's Corner

Discuss a review. Provide constructive feedback. Talk to the industry.

RE: How are the products to be reviewed selected?

OK...but it's not like the Denon 100th Anniversary products weren't heavily advertised. Specific to this product it's more that the use of the AKM 32 bit DAC's were being used - these DAC's are coveted by many and so you would think there would be huge interest in a player selling for $2500.

Moving away from this product - how about the Luxman CD/SACD players?

I spent a great deal of time 2 years ago researching and auditioning the best I could find one box players. The list was very long and included the Ayre (A+?), the Marantz, the Mac MCD500, the Esoteric players etc - in the end I purchased the MCD500. Shortly thereafter I had the chance to hear the Lux D-06 and D-08...Um...better than all the others in every way, at least if music is important to you.

So where are the reviews in Stereophile and The Absolute Sound? The Ayre was given an A+ rating in one of these rags, and yet a group of listeners all preferred the Mac to the Ayre hands down.

I've never posted in the Critic's Corner before, but I just can't help but wonder how some products get overlooked in favour of others???

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  VH Audio  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.