Home Critic's Corner

Discuss a review. Provide constructive feedback. Talk to the industry.

How are the products to be reviewed selected?

I've been following a thread over on Hi-Rez about the Denon DCD-A100 CD/SACD player, a recent post questions how Stereophile could have missed the opportunity to review this product.

After reading the post and subsequent responses I began to wonder how a product that was produced to celebrate the 100th anniversary of this company could have been ignored by all the audio rags. Just for a moment consider the technology employed in this particular player relative to the price...other firms that are using the same DAC's are receiving a wealth of attention, and their products are being celebrated by the audio rags - at 3 and 4 times the price of the Denon.

I don't own the Denon player, I've only heard it in 2 separate systems, but it's a damn good player...certainly the equal of players such as the Esoteric X-05 and Cary 306 (at least in my opinion), and yet no attention.

So to my question - How do the audio rags decide what products to review vs those that are overlooked?

Rick.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Sonic Craft  

Topic - How are the products to be reviewed selected? - audio39 04:34:48 02/13/12 (37)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.