Home Critic's Corner

Discuss a review. Provide constructive feedback. Talk to the industry.

RE: If you go to Shunyata's website, you can lift the entire review from Shunyata's promo material.

Look, you've done nothing here but prove what a poor reader you are.

I did not review the Triton for The Audio Beat. PERIOD.

Nor is what I wrote there taken from their website. Were that the case I wouldn't have shlepped to across the country for a day and a half visit. I just would have copied stuff from their website.

I went to visit them. I wanted to see what kind of company they ran and see the DTCD actually operating. I wanted a cogent explanation from the designer. I wanted to gauge his sincerity face to face and I got all of that.

Fortunately most of the responses I've gotten have been extremely positive both for the factory tour and for the Stereophile column where I did actually review the Triton and compare it to previous Shunyata conditioners.

The Audio Beat piece was a factory visit story very much like a hundred or so you can find in magazines and online. So why you feel the need to heap sh..t on me for doing such a story is something you'll have to reconcile with yourself. I really don't care about your "reasoning."

Every review in Stereophile or any audio magazine is a combination of telling the manufacturer's story as they see fit with (hopefully) caveats that let readers know this is the manufacturer's claim and not the writer's conclusion, and then an assessment of the product's performance, sonically, and in the case of Stereophile in terms of measurements.

So this B.S. about my story being some kind of "advertisement" really pisses me off. It's nothing of the sort.

In this case, the company has made claims and attempted to back them up with measurements. If you don't understand them or don't agree with the, well that's fine.

As far as I'm concerned this is a very important story because finally there are measurements to back up claims about power cords and conditioners.

As famed designer John Curl once said:

First they deny there are any differences.
Then when with measurements you can prove there are differences, they say "well those measurements can't possibly make an audible difference."
Then they say, they thought of them first.

So you can make snide comments about these stories being "advertisements" but they are not. I suspect that real issue here is that proof is being thrown in your face about power cable and conditioner differences and you really don't like hearing about it because it goes against your long held belief system.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  K&K Audio / Lundahl Transformers   [ K&K Audio / Lundahl Transformers Forum ]

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • RE: If you go to Shunyata's website, you can lift the entire review from Shunyata's promo material. - analogcorner 13:40:50 12/22/11 (1)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.