Home Critic's Corner

Discuss a review. Provide constructive feedback. Talk to the industry.

Late 50's early 60's was when housewives listened to the console.. All those easy listening Lps from the 50's.

There were mountains of easy listening Lps in the later 50's early 60's. The 'HiFi' was the home theater of that period. Housewives were supposed to do the housework while listening to Mantovani or whoever. And buy phonograph consoles.... they did. and LPs. ALL those stupid easy listening Lps are from that period...
I can remember my Cousin-in law (who had moved to the suburbs) showing me his new 'stereo' and explained how the 'lows come out over here, and the highs over there' (i kept my mouth shut, he is Italian, and would not take kindly to being corrected by a teenage girl.I was into Stereo by then myself) He only bought it to impress the neighbors..
So the real reason that stereo took off was suburban showoffs having to display the latest and greatest to out do each other.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Kimber Kable  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • Late 50's early 60's was when housewives listened to the console.. All those easy listening Lps from the 50's. - Elizabeth 19:30:44 03/10/11 (0)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.