Home Critic's Corner

Discuss a review. Provide constructive feedback. Talk to the industry.

RE: Weekend at Harry's - I share in the excitement -

I, admittedly, haven't read all the responses here, but those here that know me know that meeting Harry as a teenager changed the course of my life (and some would argue for better or for worse - LOL - leading me to a life spent in Hifi and the music business).

I will say this:
He has, for me, continued to be both a great friend and teacher, and he believed in me back at a time where I could have easily slipped into a whole other lifestyle (he believed in my intelligence, which back then was simply being wasted). My own family did not demand as much as he did in terms of my effort, and my integrity (say what you will, he impacted my life for the better in terms of my work ethic, which brought me to work for the great Arif Mardin at Atlantic Records - whom I miss with all my heart).

I was just back in Sea Cliff myself a few weeks ago, spending time in Rm 2 - and just when I thought I'd heard mind-bending things in the past, I was astounded yet again.

I consider myself both privileged and lucky to call him my friend - and I will keep fighting for Good Sound until the say I die! I'm so glad a friend sent me the link to this post!!!!

(and I realize I need to update my info here, so my apologies if my info is dated).

Yours in Sound,

Michael Mercer

The Daily Swarm.com
Positive Feedback Online
Trash Menagerie

Edits: 03/10/11 03/10/11 03/10/11

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Kimber Kable  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • RE: Weekend at Harry's - I share in the excitement - - hifimercer 14:17:54 03/09/11 (0)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.