Home Critic's Corner

Discuss a review. Provide constructive feedback. Talk to the industry.

RE: John Potis passes away

WOW!! I hadn't heard, just sent him an email a few days ago asking how's he's doing after not hearing from a previous email, now I understand. I'm really upset, John and I go way back to the audio forum on Compuserve. And we've remained close email friends all this time. Last yr. I went to Baltimore to finally meet him and his very nice family, and to hear his horned speakers and the Tidal Audio Piano (which I decided to buy later as well as Canary amps). He was as nice and personable in person as online; yes he could be opinionated, but always had a reasonable explanation for his opinions...which I always respected. He never let me know either of the severity of the cancer. I understand why though. I'm going to miss him terribly as he was my main "go to man" for any audio question. Im going to miss all the recipes he shared with me over the years, and mostly, I feel awful for his lovely wife and two girls.

I'm really going to miss him....a sad day for the audio world!

Chris Glanton

(And I too would like to know if there's a contribution fund for him and his family as I'm sure his wife and girls will need all/any help we can offer them)

Edits: 01/12/09

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Analog Engineering Associates  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • RE: John Potis passes away - Fore 11:46:25 01/12/09 (0)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.