Home Critic's Corner

Discuss a review. Provide constructive feedback. Talk to the industry.

Yeah, right Mike.

I could care less if you agree with me. like James Carville, you are so used to being the spinning little ankle biter that you are, that you are dizzy from it. Every time someone brings up something that can threaten the credibility of a reviewer or a magazine, you are the first to either bite their head off or further muddy the water.

At the show, a non audio buddy of mine said that the three turntable based systems that he had heard sounded great. He also went on to say that he could have identified them blindfolded. Wow! Needless to say, they were in the context of entirely different systems and rooms. It is just that I found that statement that he made quite interesting, to say the least. I also find it interesting that you would spin such a query into people voting on a singing show. Cute though.

Reviewers and audiophiles alike tend to be a very very opinionated bunch. They make glaring statments of how this and that makes huge differences. But when pressed, reviewers aren't confident enough that they can even definitively be able to identify the same piece they just reviewed with a blind test. Not a DBT. A blind test of that particular piece of equipment with any other. Oddly, my uninformed, uninitiated and uneducated in audio buddy could make and feel that he could back up such a claim. Woof!

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Herbie's Audio Lab  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.