Home Critic's Corner

Discuss a review. Provide constructive feedback. Talk to the industry.

Re: Hearing polarity changes

I have been subjected to 'tests' every time I go to CES. Unfamiliar material, unfamiliar equipment and have been asked to say correct or inverted after a minute or so of listening. I can hear polarity with a $300 receiver and speakers as well as in a high end preamp and amp combo in the $10K range with speakers in the matching price range. I'm sure their HD is quite low by anyone's measurement.

You are searching for an easy out. The solutions are not quite so simple, but one would assume that you will have to start somewhere. I use real live listening sessions with real unamplified music as an absolute. You can measure away, buy expensive test instrumentation, but inevitably the final judge is the human ear (and I am NO golden ear!).

With all the technology which is currently available to us, I can not fathom why designers can not create a better speaker system which is phase and time correct and with adequate frequency response. The only answer I can see is lack of public interest (read $$$ here).

Stu

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Amplified Parts  

Topic - Acoustic polarity, again - KlausR. 02:36:41 05/06/07 (113)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.