Home Critic's Corner

Discuss a review. Provide constructive feedback. Talk to the industry.

\\\This is an optical illusion and will work on all normal functioning brains///......

….Your assertion is complete and utter BS. What is a normal functioning brain? You should well know that “illusion” is completely subject dependent.

You say \\\A better explanation is that if one spends $15,000 on an audio system is just HAS to sound better because, damn it, I spent that much money./// Again, maybe you think like that but many don’t. Do you think the more expensive wine is the better it tastes? Do you think the more expensive food is the better it tastes?

You go on to say \\\In reality that may not be the case./// Exactly, I totally agree. So WHY do many relate expense with better sound?

If there are two identical audio rooms with completely different audio systems in each and 100 people listen to both systems resulting in 99 liking system A & 1 liking system B is the result relevant to anyone else wanting to listen to the two systems? I say ‘no” for two reasons. Firstly, I don’t care in the slightest what system anyone else likes only what I like. Secondly, IMHO the opinion of the person who liked system “B” is just as relevant to me as the opinions of the 99 who choose system “A” so therefore the result of the “test” is absolutely useless information for me.

Freud doesn’t interest me. Some people are typical and some aren’t. What does that tell us?

Smile

Sox

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  VH Audio  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.