Home Critic's Corner

Discuss a review. Provide constructive feedback. Talk to the industry.

Re: Just to give you a taste

"What you fail to grasp is that dynamics little to do with measurement of some technical parameter and everything to do with gut reaction"

LOL! Actually this is exactly wrong. Dynamics is a well defined term so don't go making up new definitions on your own. The gut reaction you get from LIVE music is largely because of the wide dynamic range. Compression allows some cheating for systems that can't handle a really wide range. Playing heavily compressed LOUD recordings on a good stereo just gives you a headache after about 10 minutes. Hell, even good old Bob Dylan hears it correctly, he said that when the music is treated this way it sounds like static. Contrast is what gives impact, Geoff. The funny thing is that I think you know this already and just love to argue and be contentious, which makes you a schmuck.

"When attempting to proove your grand, sweeping generalizations, you would be well advised to select articles that support your position instead of refuting it. LOL"

I guess you were too illiterate to read the rest of the articles. They support my position just fine, including that there is no proof that people like louder better.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Western Glow Tube Service  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.