Home Critic's Corner

Discuss a review. Provide constructive feedback. Talk to the industry.

Unless you think that it all sounds the same

then you'd be making a mistake.

Yeah, - it is all subjective. There's no right and wrong. Like art, people have their different preferences, and that also extends beyond the sound. A $45,000 tubed system sounds much different than yours, and even though it may not be better to you, it doesn't mean that it isn't better for the person who bought it, for whatever reason that person purchased it.

Finally, it is possible to compare the details of two different systems. Even though it may not be "better" to two different people who don't value the same attributes in a CD player, it is possible for those two people to agree that a Meitner elucidates more "detail" from a CD disc than a Rega Planet: assuming that they can agree on what the word "detail" means.

Yes, it is possible to get just as much "pleasure" from an Ipod, or your system, as it is through some crazy top of the line $50K system, - especially if one forgets about the sound quality and listens for "content."

However, - I am someone whose listening pleasure would be enhanced by owning my system, - at least in my room, - than yours. Yep, it's a subjective, exclusive, art-like, luxury product, - I'll admit that. But I was able to afford it, and it is/was "worth-it" for me to own. And, it certainly sounds much different than yours. We all have our vices and biases, - I also have what I think is a kick-ass espresso machine, a really nice Italian racing bicycle, and an inclination to spend too much time at the sushi bar...

YMMV....

Rock on ........

The problem of leisure, what to do for pleasure. Ideal love a new purchase, a market of the senses. Dream of the perfect life.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Sonic Craft  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.