Home Critic's Corner

Discuss a review. Provide constructive feedback. Talk to the industry.

Indeed, Why bother paying for low

distortion amps or preamps, nor for any 'high performance' audio gear? If you are not interested in maximizing the performance of your speakers, then why bother with any other component?

The situation reminds me of an incident I had with a local music educator. While a very good player himself, his band was extraordinarily both out of tune, and imprecise in its performance. When I commented about that, his reply was that no matter how hard he tried, some one would always be 'wrong' and if most of the players were playing imprecisely, the single 'off' player would be more obvious. His solution was to have them all play imprecisely, pandering to the lowest common denominator.

If you won't care, or don't care, take your choice, then a Bose Acoustimass system ought to be more than good enough. Still, I have applaud the fact that you did the research and have come to the realization of the extent of the 'faulty technology' being pandered to the public. We demand so much more from an electronics designer than from a speaker designer, but reviewers do not point out very obvious faults in speaker designs. The 'numbers' of many speaker designs, if applied to electronics, would have that designer laughed out of the business.

And yet, we turn a deaf ear to these issues. No wonder audio has been in a quagmire, and those know of and do not complain about factors like polarity are themselves responsible for the very mess we are in.

ranting again,

Stu

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Parts Connexion  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • Indeed, Why bother paying for low - unclestu52 13:45:09 05/06/07 (0)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.