Home Critic's Corner

Discuss a review. Provide constructive feedback. Talk to the industry.

I really don't understand it...

......but for some strange reason I feel compelled to try and give you a meaningful reply. Maybe all those pain meds are going to my head...

It sounds like you have finally realized that it was Gallo who changed their mind. You still seem to think that there is something evil here that needs to be exposed. As a manufacturer, let me give just a few examples of why Gallo may have changed their mind:

a) They are already back-ordered for three months and don't want to create any additional demand.

b) They are planning to make a change to the model in question sometime in the next year. Given the lead time to review a product, write the review, and publish the magazine, the review would be obsolete by the time it appeared.

c) They looked at all the reviews they have already and decided they had more to lose than to gain by having another review by Wes.

d) They have a policy of delivering the product in person and their travel budget for the year has already been used up.

e) They just had a large number of reviews in a short amount of time and want to wait a while before getting another one. In other words, spread out the good news.

f) Et cetera, et cetera. Use your imagination.

Nothing nefarious here. Like I said in another post, you could just call Gallo and ask them.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Kimber Kable  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.