Home Critic's Corner

Discuss a review. Provide constructive feedback. Talk to the industry.

On the other hand....

I think in the coming years, you will see web-zines, at least with respect to product, become, at least, as much of a guiding force in the hobby. For example, the web-zines listened to the Gallo reference speakers first, wrote their glowing reviews, then Home Theater and TAS got into the act, and wrote glowing reviews. I suspect that Anthony Gallo is doing pretty well based largely on web-zine coverage.

Art Dudley, I believe in his Stereophile review of the Yamamota tube amplifier, credited the web-zines with bringing the product to his attention first. I am sure there are other examples of product first covered by a web-zine, then finding its way to the print magazine.

Most companies start small. Most will have no choice but to go to web-zines first because the magazines will not cover them, for a variety of reasons.

I would agree that the better writers are writing for magazines, and they are generally more authoritative. But I think that in the coming years, web-zines will at least be as relevant as print magazines. And at the end of the day, that is whwat is important in terms of success and accessibility to product. I doubt Krell, Conrad-Johnson look at reviews in terms of proper use of the King's english, as opposed to how many readers are reading about the product.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Western Glow Tube Service  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.